The first records of the church date from 1191. It was originally a Romanesque, single-nave building, extended in 1503 (a Late Gothic rectory was then added). After a fire in 1893, the church was expanded according to Stefan Szyller's design. The original church is now the current cross aisle. Fragments of the walls as well as Romanesque and Gothic details are partially preserved. On the stone walls of the older part of the building, there are stone inscriptions dedicated to the people who renovated the church. They include the inscription "Matka Skórko 1595".
Back to search

Kościół katolicki, Poland, Churck,

Photo Category: 
Architecture and Buildings
World Heritage
Kościół katolicki